Esbjerg Kommunes Biblioteker is a public library open for all visitors.
The collections hold more than 600.000 items: fiction, non fiction, children´s books, audio books, newspapers, periodicals, music, DVD's, computer games, internet resources.
We offer materials in all major languages as well as languages spoken by the local immigrant communities:
It is free to use the collections onsite
For instance you can read our foreign newspapers and use our database with updated editions of more than 250 international newspapers
Esbjerg Kommunes Biblioteker also offers facilities like
- Free Internet access
- Free e-mail
- Copy service - subject to a charge
- Fax service - subject to a charge
How to get a library card
As a registered member of Esbjerg Kommunes Biblioteker you can borrow materials form our collections.
You can register at any branch of the library. Please don't forget to bring your social security card or other identification including a photo.
What can the library do for me?
- Get help to seek and find books in the library
- Lend language courses and books and audio books, DVD's, CD's, computer games for adults as well as children
- Lend toys for children
- Get help to find information in our databases or on the internet
- Get inspiration to enjoy literature, music and film
- Attend lectures on current issues
- Attend children's concerts and other live music
- Watch exhibitions especially on international photo art
Find books and other materials in our catalogue (click on the English flag: help is in English)
You can request if you are registered member in Esbjerg Kommunes Biblioteker
This service requires that you are registered member in Esbjerg Kommunes Biblioteker
Where to find the library
Esbjerg Kommunes Biblioteker has 9 branches around the municipality.
Find your local branch and opening hours here
Need to know more about Esbjerg Municipality?
Link to Esbjerg Municipality